Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012

Read-A-Thon 2012

I read about Dewey's Read-A-Thon at Julia's blog yesterday and spontaneously decided to participate.

End of event meme

  • Which hour was most daunting for you?
    I went to sleep at 3 a.m. because my whole body was shaking and needed rest.
  • Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
    Every book from Henning Mankell I've read so far - especially the ones involving the character Kurt Wallander.
  • Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
    I can think of none at the moment...
  • What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
    Everyone was motivated and kept motivating others, too.
  • How many books did you read?
    I finished three and a half.
  • What were the names of the books you read?
    Dogs of Riga, Faceless Killers and Kennedy's Brain, all of them by Henning Mankell. And Nothing by Janne Teller.
  • Which book did you enjoy most?
    Dogs of Riga and Faceless Killers. They were brilliant.
  • Which did you enjoy least?
    By far Janne Teller's Nothing. It has won many prizes but I can't see why.
  • How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
    I would love to take part in another Read-a-thon if I can afford the time! I'll probably take part as e reader again.


Okay guys, I'm done!


_______________________________________________________________________

Progress - Overview

Books read: 3,5
Pages read: 842
Cups of tea: 10
Hours spent reading: 14/24

List of books read:
  • Henning Mankell - Hunde von Riga (German)
  • Janne Teller -Nichts was im Leben wichtig ist (German)
  • Henning Mankell - Der Feind im Schatten (German)
  • Henning Mankell - Kennedys Hirn (German) halfway through

____________________________________________________________________________________________


Introductory Questionnaire



  • What fine part of the world are you reading from today?Germany.
  • Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?The one I'm going to start with, The Dogs of Riga by Henning Mankell.
  • Which snack are you most looking forward to?I don't know yet. ;)
  • Tell us a little something about yourself!I'm in my first year at university. I love reading, but often don't know how to fit it into my day. Also, I love drawing but same problem here. Some people would label me with "goth" or "metal" - but really, I'm just myself and I don't think any label fits me. ;)
  • If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?This is actually my first read-a-thon. I'm especially looking forward to 24 hours which are exclusively reserved for reading. And I am excited to see what it'll be like! :)

________________________________________________________________________



9 Kommentare:

  1. Wieso ist dein Buch gut und meins wird sogar noch langweiliger? Das ist total unfair xD

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Bin aber leider bald durch. :( Und bei dem, was danach kommt, weiß ich nicht, ob es gut ist...

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Glad you could join in! Have fun :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Die Buchidee ist ja cool :)
    Die Studienfächer klingen spannend.
    Wenn du so einen Krempel auch immer aufhebst wäre ein smashbook vielleicht was für dich: http://www.danipeuss.de/scrapbooking/453-smash-books-a-zubehoer?TreeId=6

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I love that you are counting cups of teas and pages read! You are doing an awesome job - keep up the great reading! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. You've had a great readathon - if if you don't wake up again before the readathon's done!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Congrats on your first read-a-thon! You did terrific!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wasn't this the most fun ever? It was my first readathon as well and I cannot wait to do it again!

    The Relentless Reader

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Congratulations on your successful read-a-thon! I love Henning Mankell too.

    AntwortenLöschen